Terms & Conditions
Please ensure You read AHLAN and BEST terms and conditions thoroughly as it governs Your use of AHLAN and BEST Safety Training services and limits our liability to You. by enrolling onto a AHLAN and BEST course You are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
- Scope of Terms and Conditions
- Payment of Fees
- Enrolment, Transfer and Cancellation
- Programme of study
- Eligibility for Study
- Assessments & Reasonable Adjustments
- AHLAN and BEST Liability
- Terminating your qualification
- Physical and or verbal Abuse
- Intellectual Property Rights Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Data Protection Act
- Further information
- Statutory Rights
- Complaints Procedure
- +ProQual Complaints
1. Scope of Terms and Conditions
- 1.1. These Conditions govern Your relationship with AHLAN and BEST and the Awarding Body which may come into force through any registration or enrolment You commit to through AHLAN and BEST. For the avoidance of any doubt, Awarding Bodies are not responsible for the provision of teaching, tutorial, or other such services at any venue or Centre.
- 1.2. Pursuant to clause 2.1 these Conditions shall set out the basic obligations of AHLAN and BEST and Your obligations and responsibilities which include but is not limited to fees and payments.
- 1.3. When You enroll in a program of study for Your Qualification’s Your contract for that program of study is with AHLAN and BEST Safety. the Awarding Body is not a party to this contract.
2. Payment of Fees
- 2.1. AHLAN and BEST fees are subject to UAE VAT.
- 2.2. AHLAN and BEST course fees exclude examination registration and sitting fees unless specified.
- 2.3. The full fee, the minimum deposit or an official purchase order must accompany Your purchase or application for the programme. Where a purchase order is received, the invoiced fees are payable within 30 days. Any company sponsoring an applicant is responsible for the fees in all circumstances.
- 2.4. You may also be liable for further additional fees (including but not limited to a fee for reviewing marks, registration fees, renewal fees and additional administration fees) which may not be set out in Your contract with AHLAN and BEST or the Awarding Body. Any additional charges applied by your bank or money transfer provider must be covered by you. If this fee is deducted from the amount paid to us we will invoice you for this amount which then needs to be paid in full.
- 2.5. Credit Card and International Debit Card payment/s may incur a 2.5%;
- 2.6. Payment Plans are offered by AHLAN and BEST under the following guidance;
- 2.6.1. AHLAN and BEST may refuse an application for a Payment Plan without reason;
- 2.6.2. 30% of the total course fee is required as the minimum deposit for a Payment Plan;
- 2.6.3. The balance of Your account must be cleared in full, prior to You registering for examinations;
- 2.6.4. Your course advisor will agree to Your Payment Plan with You, Prior to the commencement of Your qualification;
- 2.6.5. Failure to maintain your agreed payment will result in your course access being suspended
- 2.6.6. Should your course access be suspended (per 3.6.5) your account will accrue a 500.00 AED admin charge.
- 2.6.7. Payment Plans can be paid by: Credit/Debit card, Bank transfer or Cheque subject to bank charges/ fees.
- 2.6.8. Once online access has been made, full payment will be required.
- 2.6.9. All exam fees expire after 12 months if not used.
- 2.7. Company has the right to stop sharing any Candidate Certificate info with the Candidate in case of failure to pay his pending balance fees from the Candidate.
3. Enrolment, Transfer and Cancellation
- 3.1. By enrolling for a qualification with AHLAN and BEST (whether you apply directly or whether a third party applies on your behalf) you accept these Conditions.
- 3.2. Your enrolment with AHLAN and BEST will only be effective if and when AHLAN and BEST send to You their official enrolment receipt and AHLAN and BEST have received in full the Enrolment Fee and (if applicable) any other fee specified by it.
- 3.3. Enrolment is for the purposes of identifying You, to AHLAN and BEST with whom You are studying, tracking progress through Qualifications, confirming Your eligibility to participate in Awarding Body Assessments, and confirming previous units attained by You which count towards Awarding Body Qualifications.
- 3.4. You are expected to provide a copy of your photographic ID to AHLAN and BEST within 7 days of enrolment. If this hasn’t been received within the 7 days, AHLAN and BEST will temporarily suspend account access until the ID has been received.
- 3.5. When enrolling for a qualification You are agreeing to abide by the regulations for that qualification, as set out by the Awarding Bodies to that qualification.
- 3.6. Qualifications, in part or whole, cannot be transferred to another party.
- 3.7. You have fourteen (14) days from the date of purchase to cancel or change Your course and request a refund, Requests for refunds must be made in writing to: Enquiry@ahlansafety.com. Or must send to your course advisor email address.
- 3.8. No refunds will be offered to You if any course material has been downloaded from Your qualification(s).
- 3.9. Classroom courses must be set within Schedule Time from the deposit being paid. If the classroom course has not been taken in this period, the course will be canceled and the 50% deposit will be refunded.
- 3.10. AHLAN and BEST will enroll students undertaking the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety qualification, with NEBOSH for a period not exceeding 5 years. This does not affect your eLearning / Distance course access duration as stipulated in AHLAN and BEST marketing material.
- 3.11. Should you cancel your course after the 14-day cooling-off period, you are liable to pay the full amount of your course purchased.
- 3.12. A 50% refund will be offered to You if any course started more than 2 weeks ago.
4. Programme of Study
- 4.1. The qualification material supplied to You at the start of Your programme is written to meet the requirements of the published syllabus at that time. These materials, when used in conjunction with any supplementary materials provided during Your period of study and the tutorial support, provide all the information required for the successful completion of Your programme.
- 4.2. The price quoted to You or stated within our brochures and or website(s) is correct at the time of publication and is subject to change at any time.
- 4.3. Your course access shall not exceed 12 months from the date of purchase.
- 4.4. AHLAN and BEST accept no responsibility for changes to the availability or syllabus content of the accredited courses as set by the Awarding Body. Should Your syllabus be phased out, at any time during Your study or assessment period, we can only extend this to the last available date for which Your course is valid. Students wishing to transfer to a new syllabus will incur a charge for this as deemed appropriate by us. In the event of changes to the syllabus and assessment criteria, we reserve the right to alter the content or structure of a course without prior notice being given to You.
5. Eligibility for Study
- 5.1. All AHLAN and BEST Qualifications are delivered and examined in English (unless specified in the advertised course description).
- 5.2. Should English not be Your first language, it is Your responsibility to ensure that Your proficiency in both written and oral English is of a sufficient standard to enable You to meet the demands of both Your studies and the examination(s).
- 5.3. Qualification’s official titles which include the word “International” are based upon no specific Countries legislation, however, are based on international codes of best practice are designed for International applications.
- 5.4. AHLAN and BEST have the right to refuse examination registration for students should you not meet AHLAN and BEST criteria.
6. Assessments and Reasonable Adjustments
- 6.1. It is Your responsibility to ensure You have registered for the appropriate examination, date, and venue. AHLAN and BEST cannot be held responsible for mistakes
- 6.2. AHLAN and BEST Assessment closing dates are set independently of the Awarding Body.
- 6.3. For assessment registrations received after the AHLAN and BEST closing date, AHLAN and BEST reserve the right to refuse acceptance of your application.
- 6.4. Where AHLAN and BEST accept late assessment registrations, an additional charge will apply.
- 6.5. You have the right to apply for reasonable adjustment should You feel, you will be at a disadvantage during Your Assessment.
- 6.6. Your application for reasonable adjustment must be accompanied by substantiated evidence of Your disadvantage.
- 6.7. Your application for reasonable adjustment must be sent to; email: email@example.com and must be received by AHLAN and BEST prior to Your selected examination registration closing date.
- 6.8. Additional charges may be incurred by You for the implementation of Reasonable Adjustments.
7. Liability for AHLAN and BEST Safety
- 7.1. AHLAN and BEST exclude liability for:
- 7.2.1 Any damage or loss to property unless triggered by the neglect of AHLAN and BEST or its employees;
- 7.2.2 Any loss of profit and or loss of earnings, loss of opportunity or loss of living expenses, or any indirect loss suffered by You due to the breach by AHLAN and BEST of any obligation to You or due to any other act or omission or negligence of AHLAN and BEST or its employees or agents.
- 7.3. Neither You nor AHLAN and BEST shall have any liability to each other for any failure or delay in the performance of obligations due to any cause beyond the relevant party’s reasonable control.
- 7.4. AHLAN and BEST shall have no liability to you should its website be unavailable to access at any time or fails to perform within usual parameters or at all. AHLAN and BEST do not guarantee that their website is free from viruses and will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- 8.1. The memberships which are advertised as being available upon completion of AHLAN and BEST courses are not guaranteed and are subject to the individual applying and being accepted by the membership body.
- 8.2. Applying for memberships with awarding bodies may incur additional fees which are for the Candidates own account.
- 8.3. All memberships are subject to acceptance by the applicable institutes, some levels of memberships with the institutes require a minimal amount of practical experience in addition to Qualifications.
- 8.4. The level of membership offered is at the discretion of the applicable institute at all times.
- 8.5. Progression from GRADIOSH to CMIOSH is through an internal IPD scheme.
AHLAN and BEST Safety may terminate Your enrolment or registration at any time by written notice if:
- 9.1. You breach these Conditions or any terms and conditions contained in any letter confirming Your enrolment or any documents or Policies issued by AHLAN and BEST or the Awarding Body at any time; or
- 9.2. You fail to pay any fees due to AHLAN and BEST; or
- 9.3. You have provided AHLAN and BEST whether through a third party or otherwise with any false or misleading information; or
- 9.4. You do not meet all of the administrative or academic requirements specified in the Guides issued by the Awarding Body; or
- 9.5. You are involved in any malpractice pursuant to the Awarding Bodies Malpractice Policy.
- 9.6. Should AHLAN and BEST terminate Your learning programme there will be no refund of any funds paid.
10. Physical and or Verbal Abuse
AHLAN and BEST Safety will not tolerate verbal or physical abuse of its employees or agents.
Any such incident of abuse may lead to:
- a) restriction of communications with You to a specified means e.g., via letter or email only or
- b) in cases which AHLAN and BEST, at its sole discretion, considers being serious or in repeated cases of physical or verbal abuse, termination of enrolment, and/or registration with AHLAN and BEST and the Awarding Body, and/or exclusion from future enrolment or registration with AHLAN and BEST and the Awarding Body.
11. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- 11.1. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in Course material purchased from AHLAN and BEST shall remain vested in AHLAN and BEST and such materials may not be reproduced/copied/distributed in any way without the prior written consent of AHLAN and BEST or as required by law.
- 12.1. Failure by AHLAN and BEST to enforce strict compliance with these Conditions by You shall not be considered to be a waiver of any provisions of these Conditions. No waiver by AHLAN and BEST of any breach by you of these Conditions shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- 12.2. AHLAN and BEST will post parchments/certificates by standard royal mail (unless recorded delivery is requested and paid for by you), AHLAN and BEST accept no responsibility for non-delivery of items posted.
- 12.3. If any provision of these Conditions is invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part; the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of the provision in question, shall not be affected.
- 12.4. A person who is not a party to the contract governed by these Conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with it by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 except where such rights are expressly granted to an Accredited Course Provider further to these Conditions but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists, or is available, apart from that Act.
13. Data Protection Act.
- 13.1. AHLAN and BEST Safety will hold personal information about you and will use the information as follows: –
- 13.1.1. To process Your applications to AHLAN and BEST and administer Your enrolment and registration for Awarding Body Assessments;
- 13.1.2. To respond to requests from employers or employment agencies by providing verification or otherwise of the information provided by You to employers or employment agencies of Qualification’s gained through AHLAN and BEST You hold in connection with applications for employment;
- 13.1.3. To respond to queries raised by You or the Awarding Body
- 13.1.4. To deal with any disciplinary matters in respect to You;
- 13.1.5. To recover any monies owed by You to AHLAN and BEST;
- 13.1.6. To administer AHLAN and BEST policies;
- 13.1.7. To notify You of Your Awarding Bodies Assessments results;
- 13.1.8. To liaise with the Awarding Body and exchange information relating to You;
- 13.1.9. To make You aware of services AHLAN and BEST and other similar organizations can offer including information on current and future courses and Qualification’s unless You have notified us that You have opted out of receiving such information;
- 13.1.10. To carry out research to help AHLAN and BEST to improve and plan its Qualification’s;
- 13.1.11. For research purposes (in which case your details will be anonymous); and
- 13.1.12. As otherwise permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998.
- 13.2. If you are studying outside the European Economic Area AHLAN and BEST may need to transfer your personal information to the course providers with whom you have enrolled outside the European Economic Area to use Your information so that services intended by these Conditions can be provided to You. Countries outside the European Economic Area may not give the same level of protection to your personal data as is available in the European Economic Area. By enrolling with AHLAN and BEST where you are studying outside the European Economic Union You explicitly consent to such transfer of your personal information.
- 13.3. You hereby consent to AHLAN and BEST emailing your results to you if it so decides.
- 13.4. You hereby consent to AHLAN and BEST featuring your results on its website. In this event, your results will be accessible only to you and AHLAN and BEST and identifiable via your student Username and Password.
14. Further Information
- 14.1. By enrolling on a AHLAN or BEST Safety Training Centre course You agree to accept our stakeholders’ terms and conditions which can be found on their websites:
- Also, note that BEST Safety Training Centre FZ-LLC is a Sister Concern of AHLAN Safety Training Centre
- 14.2. BEST Safety Training Centre FZ-LLC are a registered UAE company.
- 14.3. BEST Safety Training Centre FZ-LLC are VAT registered in UAE.
- 14.4. BEST Safety Training Centre FZ-LLC registered UAE Middle East Office address: P.O.BOX No 10055, Compass Building, Al Shohada Road, Al Hamra Industrial Zone-FZ, Ras Al Khaimah-UAE
- 14.5. BEST Safety Training Centre FZ-LLC registered UAE Head Office telephone number: +971 55 9567556.
- 14.6. BEST Safety Training Centre FZ-LLC registered UAE Head Office main email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 14.7. BEST Safety Training Centre FZ-LLC registered Website: https://www.ahlansafety.com.
15. Statutory Rights
These Conditions shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
16. Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint relating to any aspect of your course, please raise with AHLAN to allow us to investigate under the AHLAN and BEST complaints procedure, to resolve the issue.
17. For ProQual Complaints
For ProQual Students who wish to appeal against a decision or complain about the outcome of a decision once they have exhausted the AHLAN and BEST complaints procedure can take their case to ProQual.
For full details contact ProQual on www.proqual.com
At AHLAN and BEST we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services, resources, and courses offered by AHLAN and BEST.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at email@example.com