Ahlansafety has the privilege of being able to provide NVQ Level 6 Diploma and NVQ Level 3 Certificate courses through our e-Learning platform as of July 2018: Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety at Level 3 from ProQual. Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice at Level 6 from ProQual
You can determine if the courses are a good fit for your learning preferences and long-term career goals in health and safety by reviewing the course material and advice provided below.
What is an NVQ?
If you’re unsure of what an NVQ is, read on. National Vocational Qualification is what it stands for.
Exams are not required for this course, however, the student will still need to provide evidence of their workplace skill in order to pass. This is accomplished through conversations and observations with their primary assigned assessor, submitting written answers to inquiries, and supplying work paperwork that has been utilized and generated at the workplace.
This method of instruction is perfect for students who dislike tests and have a more hands-on learning style. It gives students the tools they need to complete projects and boosts their self-assurance at work.
Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety at Level 3 from ProQual:
- Comparable to academic grades of A-.
- An excellent substitute for the exam-based NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety
- You won’t need to take time off to take tests, making it easier to incorporate into your everyday schedule.
- It will require about 310 hours to finish.
- 161 of the 310 hours, under the direction and supervision of your assessor, will be spent in guided learning.
- The NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Vocational) or the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety will be the next logical step in advancing your career in health and safety (Exams).
Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice at Level 6 from ProQual
- Comparable to a graduate degree.
- Approximately 1064 hours will pass before it is finished.
- 532 of the 1064 hours will be guided learning hours under the direction and supervision of your assessor.
- Geared toward candidates who are in charge of creating and implementing health and safety policies on a daily basis at work. They could be a worker, high-level supervisor, or manager who wants to advance their knowledge and abilities while taking on responsibility for workplace health and safety issues.
- You must complete 10 required units and a workbook that incorporates your professional development by recording the abilities you acquire throughout the course in order to pass the course. This will get you ready to take your IPD for IOSH Charter ship member’s level. Candidates are required to exhibit the level of proficiency outlined in the units.
More thorough explanations of the courses
Above the discussion of the major factors that will help you decide if the NVQ Level 3 or NVQ Level 6 is more appropriate for your qualification level and career objectives.